Westray Development Trust's current community projects include;
- Bayview Housing Project
- The Bargain Box - Community Fundraising Shop
- Westray Community Garden - Food Miles to Food Smiles
- I heart Westray - The Westray Defibrillator Network
- Home Help
- Hofn Youth Centre
- Community, Entertainment, Education and Fuel Grant Funding for Westray residents & groups.
- Community Business Loan Scheme.
- Westray Learning Centre Support.
Supporting an island population of approximately 620 the Trust’s charitable objectives are to:
- To provide in the interests of social welfare, facilities for recreation and other leisure time occupation available to the public at large in Westray with a view to improving their conditions of life.
- To advance education and in particular to promote opportunities for learning for the benefit of the general public.
- To protect and/or preserve the environment for the benefit of the general public.
- To provide or assist in the provision of housing for people in necessitous circumstances within Westray.
- To relieve poverty particularly among the residents of the island of Westray.
- To advance the arts, heritage, culture, and science.
- To relieve those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or another disadvantage (includes relief given by the provision of accommodation and care).
- To regenerate the community of Westray by the maintenance or improvement of the physical, social and economic infrastructure.
- To promote, establish, operate and/or support other schemes and projects of a charitable nature for the benefit of the community of Westray.