14 Main Street
Small hotel, in quiet location near centre. Friendly service with a relaxed atmosphere. Local produce used. Private car park.
This hotel offers simple comforts but is still one of the top places to stay in Kirkwall.
In 1824 it was built by a retired sea captain, and in 1824 the hotel became Orkney's first hospital.
The property has been refurbished in the past few years and is fresh and inviting.
Cost conscious meals are served in a small restaurant and bar. Fully Licensed to sell alcohol, the hotel attracts both locals and visitors
- Ensuite bath and/or shower, all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in bedroom
- Satellite/cable TV
- Tea/coffee making facilities in bedrooms
- Evening meal available
- Full alcohol drinks licence/licensed bar
- Laundry service
- Private parking
- Limited parking
- Disabled parking on site
- Credit/debit cards accepted
- Garden for residents use
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Building of historic/literary/architectural interest
- Open Hearth fire
- Vegetarian diets catered for on request
- Special diets catered for on request
- Short breaks available