Welcome to peaceful Orkney Islands Retreat breaks and courses
Tai Chi, Qigong & The Four Elements....... Qigong Deep Breathing Practice & Walking Meditation.....The Power Of Story & StoryCircles Courses..... Step off the Mainland of your daily routine and stress.... onto an Island Retreat...... explore the ancient landscapes and seascapes, Sacred Sites and Island Peoples' Story ..... discover the magic of these North Atlantic Islands.
Bed and Breakfast
Set within the UNESCO world heritage site "The Heart of Neolithic Orkney" 3 miles from The Ring of Brodgar,The Ness Of Brodgar Archaelological dig and Stenness Standing Stones and 2 miles from Skara Brae,The Stone Age Village that sits in Skaill Bay on the North Atlantic Coastline of Orkney's Mainland Island. Via house is well located for visitors keen to see Orkneys Neolithic attractions, bird watchers, fishers and those interested in exploring nature. Sit by the fire in the library, have a soak in the whirlpool bath or during your stay you can book a Tai Chi workshop or an evening of storytelling.
Via House Facilities
- 1 family room
- 2 single rooms
- Endless selection of teas, coffee and Orkney biscuits available
- Bespoke shower-room with toilet for single room 4
- Large family bathroom with whirlpool bath & walk-in shower.
- The Orkney Heritage and Folklore Library access to Orkney vintage and contemporary writers' books and information on the Islands' unique archaeology sites, Orkney heritage buildings & local social customs and traditions.
- The Hamnavoe Morning room has facilities for Island Retreat guests to make light snacks/lunches or suppers. Access to a large selection of books on holistic healing and Integrated Wellbeing techniques from all over the world.
- Off- road Car park access.
- Homecooked local Orkney produce and special diets catered for.
- Dogs welcome by arrangement.
- No smoking policy
For more information or to book please call +44 (0)1856 841 207 or email email@example.com
Via House offers you a place to immerse yourself in a Sacred rural landscape. 'VIA' comes from the old Norn word 'VEEO' meaning 'A Sacred Place' has its own bronze age burial mound and 18th Century crofts.
Stromness Heritage Guided Walks and Scapa Flow Coastal walks (STGA qualified tour guide)
Orkney Storytelling & Island Heritage Weekly Events
Peatfire Tales of Orkney evenings & Island Fireside Afternoons
Tai Chi , Chi Kung and The Four Elements Island retreats - The Island retreat programmes incorporate gentle Tai Chi movement, Tai Chi Walking, meditation and deep breathing practice and also includes gentle walking in Orkneys ancient land and seascapes. This is suitable for all levels and ages, personalized Island retreats are offered to individuals and groups. Lynn has over 25 years experience teaching Tai Chi and Chi Gong in the UL and Europe.
The Power of Story & StoryCircles Courses - a series of creative learning workshops for staff, volunteers, carers and parents in communication, social skills and expressive arts professionals working in Education, Special Education, Mental Health and Social Care. (Or anyone who would like to explore the ancient Oral Art of Storytelling as an instrument of Healing)
Lynn has worked in the field of special educational needs and disabilities since 1982 and has developed Communication Arts StoryCircles encapsulating drama and creative movement with environmental art and sculpture, mask and puppet design for those with or working with special needs.
For further information on Storytelling and Guided walks please visit www.orkneyattractions.
- Tea/coffee making facilities in bedrooms
- Resident's lounge
- Private parking
- Disabled parking on site
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Garden for residents use
- Open Hearth fire
- Vegetarian diets catered for on request
- Special diets catered for on request
- Short breaks available