The Grainstore @ Midhouse
High Quality 4 Star accredited accommodation available for Self Catering holiday let.
Set in stunning scenery in the heart of Mainland Orkney, 1.3 miles off the main road, we are perfectly situated for that 'get away from it all' break. Set on the side of the Tuin Hills with far reaching views down to the Harray & Stenness Lochs, we are perfectly situated for a romantic break but also for walking, fishing & the Neolithic attractions in West Mainland. The 2 main towns of Stromness & Kirkwall are 15 minutes away by car so not too far. There is a choice of good bar/restaurant food within 2 to 3 miles.
The accommodation consists of a large bedroom suite with comfortable seating & quality furnishings. There is also a dining hallway, large shower room, small kitchen,also boot room/drying facility. There is not a separate lounge area within the annexe but we have a log cabin/summer house called 'The Writing Room' which has a log burner, electricity & comfortable sofas & other furnishing to make an ideal place to retreat to come rain or shine!
Sorry - we no longer take pets.
We can accommodate 3 maximum. 2 adults + 1 child or 1 adult + 2 children. The 3rd bed is a fold out single.
This property is VisitScotland rated 4 star Serviced Accommodation.
- Ensuite bath and/or shower room(s) in self catering unit
- Hairdryer available
- Bed linen provided on request - free or hire
- Towels provided on request - free or hire
- Television available
- Payphone available
- Non-smoking establishment
- Laundry facilities on site
- Washing Machine
- Tumble dryer
- Dishwasher|DVD player available
- CD player available
- Private parking
- Disabled parking on site
- Domestic help
- Property on working farm/croft
- Garden for resident's use
- Building of historic/literary/ architectural interest
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Short breaks available