Experience of technology start ups, and IPR issues through own patent application. Experience of project leadership with wide range of responsibilities including design, planning, reporting, liaison with partners, co-workers, staff, suppliers and sub-contractors, and application of commercial consideration to packaging and mass manufacture of products.
Extensive experience of computer and IT hardware, applications, programming, e-commerce; web use, design, marketing; e-commerce; basic networking; scientific and technical writing.
Project management; scientific and technical consultancy including all aspects of IT and e-commerce, website analysis specification and design; metrology and data analysis; mathematical modelling; programming; electronic and optical system design; and training and production of training materials.
- Voluntary Action Orkney
- Orkney Islands Council
- Orkney Enterprise
- Shetland Enterprise
- Caithness and Sutherland Enterprise
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Development Partners Ltd.
- Key Commercial Services Ltd.
- Orkney Photographic
- Orkney Folk Festival
Qualifications and indemnity arrangements
- BSc (Hons) 1st Class Physics, University of Aberdeen 1987
- PhD, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Edinburgh 1993
- Member of Institute of Physics, Chartered Physicist (MInstP CPhys)
- SFEDI Accredited Business Adviser under HIE QA Programme,since 2002
- Trained in PRINCE2 project management methodology