The Mill of Eyrland is a beautifully converted water mill that has been tastefully restored and furnished. It is set in an idyllic location with incredible views overlooking Scapa Flow and the majestic island of Hoy, and is surrounded by a lovely garden and a mill burn.
The Mill is set in a superb central Orkney Mainland location within two miles of the World Heritage Area. Guests can easily drive to the historic and picturesque town of Stromness in less than 5 minutes, or go through to Orkney’s capital, Kirkwall, that houses Britain’s most northerly cathedral, the St Magnus Cathedral. Many of Orkney’s archaeology sites such as the Ring of Brodgar, Maeshowe and Skara Brae can be easily accessed from this location.
The Mill of Eyrland includes three bedrooms, all with en-suites, and a family suite. These are:
- The Master Bedroom, Mill Burn, which includes a king-sized four poster bed and sleeps up to two people.
- The Malting Floor includes a king-sized and a single bed and sleeps up to three people.
- The Mill Race includes a double bed and sleeps up to two people.
- The Hopper Suite enjoys beautiful views over the mill yard across the Bay of Ireland towards the island of Hoy. This suite provides spacious private accommodation. The two bedrooms of the Hopper Suite share a bathroom fitted with a bath and separate shower which is entered off the private corridor. This family suite sleeps up to five people.
The Mill’s history is fascinating and ranges back to the 1860’s with many parts of the old mill still visible. It remained a working mill until the mid-1960’s with a number of millers maintaining it throughout the decades. To find out more about the mill’s history, visit the website.
Breakfast is served using local Orkney meats and produce and are made fresh to the table. Guests can count on a high quality and filling start to the day. Personal dietary requirements are catered for on request.
Guests staying at the Mill also have the option of personal packed lunches for daytrips, organisation of a personal tour guide, free wi-fi and laundry services.
- Ensuite bath and/or shower, all bedrooms
- Wash basins in bedrooms
- Hairdryer in bedroom
- Television available
- Tea/coffee making facilities in bedrooms
- Resident's lounge
- TV lounge
- Laundry service
- DVD player available
- CD player available
- Private parking
- Credit/debit cards accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Four-poster bed available
- Garden for residents use
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Building of historic/literary/architectural interest
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Short breaks available