Revenge Naval Hall
Residents of Hoy and Walls and visitors to the island travel around by using the Community Bus service.
The Hoy and Walls Community Bus will resume with its normal services between Longhope and Lyness on Monday 3rd August and its Sunday service between Longhope and Moaness on Sunday 9th August. However, there will NOT be a service to Hoy on a Wednesday. Please be aware of the following:
- Do not attempt to travel if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of COVID-19, including a higher than normal temperature, new continuous cough, and/or loss of taste/smell
- Wear a face covering unless you are medically unable to
- Use the hand sanitiser provided when boarding the vehicle
- Follow the driver's advice on when to get on and off the vehicle, and where to sit to keep the recommended safe distance from others
- Maintain as much distance as possible from others while using the service
- Please pay by putting the exact fare in the donation box just inside the door of the bus. No change will be given (Longhope to Lyness return £3.50; single £2.00)
Please be kind and respect the drivers and other passengers.
If you need further information, please call the bus mobile 0783 377 7760 or 01856 701444
The buses, run by the Island of Hoy Development Trust, operate on a 'Hail and Ride' basis, on weekdays between Longhope and the ferry terminal at Lyness meeting most but not all of the scheduled ferry sailings. Additionally, on a Sunday, there are two trips to Moaness Pier to meet the morning and evening sailings from Stromness. Each bus can carry up to 16 passengers at a time. Currently, one of the vehicles is fitted with an electric lift so that wheelchair users can access the bus, however, 24 hours notice is required so please call in advance.
Holders of Transport Scotland Concession Cards travel for free, with discounts being available for under -16s, return tickets and on the purchase of a block of 20 journey tickets.
Timetables for the service are available at JMF Groat (Island Shop) , Lyness ferry terminal, the Hoy Head Ferry, from the bus drivers and on the internet at www.hoyorkney.com/travel/community-bus
For more information, or for any comments on the service, please contact the Trust Office 01856 701356 or the drivers on 0783 377 7760 .