18 Junction Road
Orkney Community Transport Organisation enables people in Orkney to get around through running select shuttle bus services, providing transport to community groups and delivering school runs. We also provide custom private hires to suit any occasion.
OCTO is a “Community Interest Company” (CIC), meaning our profits remain in the community via donation to our partner; Orkney Disability Forum (ODF). This charity (SC019325) works to improve lives and opportunities of disabled people in Orkney through their services from dial-a-bus to community events.
OCTO also provides Orkney Heritage Tours. These tours are guided by local, Orkney Tourist Guides Association green badge accredited guides. All profits from these tours goes directly back to the community through the CIC as a contribution to the Orkney Disability Forum.
We provide a range of transport solutions from minibus to coach hire. Accessibility is our forte, it is our priority that everyone can get where they need to be. Our drivers are all Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme (MiDAS)trained via the Community Transport Association, meaning they are experts in making travel safe and comfortable for all people including wheelchair users. Our drivers do this daily and can be trusted to get you on-board securely and respectfully.
- Private hire – for groups who need a driver and vehicle.
- Corporate hire – for staff or customers to reach company events.
- Transfers from airport or piers – We accommodate late night and early morning flights and sailing.
- Transport for sporting events – for both home and visiting teams and their equipment.
- School trips -We can provide transport for educational trips out.
- Minibus hire
As each journey is unique, we arrange private hires over the phone or via email to tailor our service to you.