Welcome to Backaskaill Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast on the Isle of Sanday, where stunning views, a beautiful sandy bay two minutes from the doorstep, and personal service is guaranteed!
- Please note we are open from July 20th, with all cleaning protocols in place.
- We have passed our Good to Go accreditation.
The farmhouse is a listed building with a beautiful sweeping staircase that greets you as you enter the building. The rooms are all light and spacious with central heating and individual oil filled radiators also. We have a lovely residents lounge upstairs which commands views of the bay.
Enjoy dining in our comfortable dining room or in the conservatory with country views ( from here you can also watch our goats playing in their paddock).
All meals are cooked fresh to your personal preference, by Geoff, a professional Chef with over forty years of experience.
We are fortunate to have many repeat guests, some of whom have been coming back every year since we opened!
Jane and Geoff look forward to welcoming you to our lovely home away from home in Sanday.
- "Ensuite bath and/or shower, some bedrooms"
- "Private bath and/or shower, all bedrooms"
- Hairdryer in bedroom
- Television available
- Satellite/cable TV
- Evening meal available
- "Resident's lounge"
- TV lounge
- DVD player available
- CD player available
- Private parking
- Credit/debit cards accepted
- Property on working farm/croft
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Garden for residents use
- Building of historic/literary/architectural interest
- Vegetarian diets catered for on request
- Special diets catered for on request
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Short breaks available