|Position Type||Full Time|
What we do
As a global energy consultancy, we unite our unique and diverse people to share knowledge, innovate and inspire change within the energy industry. The Environment Team is key to Xodus and works across a range of marine industries creating new, and managing existing, responsibly and sustainable energy projects. You will support our extensive portfolio of marine and subsea projects and join an unrivalled team of multi-disciplinary environmental experts.
We want everyone at Xodus to feel they truly belong and can bring their perspectives and ideas to work. Our focus on creating and sustaining an inclusive culture is to ensure everyone feels valued and empowered to be their best.
What we’re looking for and what you’ll do
Xodus continues to grow its support offering to the offshore energy industry and we have a need for Graduate Environmental Consultants to join our Environment Team.
You will support a variety of multi-disciplinary marine infrastructure projects for a range of clients across the UK and internationally. You will have the opportunity to work in different technical subjects, in multiple industries, across all spans of a project lifecycle; from early concept tight through to operational and decommissioning.
Day to day activities are varied but may include desktop studies, analysis of environmental data, impact assessment, preparation of clear and concise environmental reports, licenses and consents documentation. You may also support in the management of project programmes and budgets.
You will be supported and mentored on the development of your career and will be given responsibility and purpose from day one. Within the role you will be given structured training on different industries that we work in (and synergies between them), on specific environmental technical topics, and project management.
What you’ll bring
· Minimum of 2.1 bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (such as marine biology/ecology, environmental science/management, chemistry, marine planning)
· General understanding of impact assessment
· Knowledge of marine environment, ecology, policy and consenting
· Commitment to developing your technical knowledge and a positive approach to professional development
· Initiative, innovation and passion
· A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (experience of other software or digital skills is beneficial)
What you’ll get
· Market competitive salary;
· Industry-leading maternity and paternity benefits from day one;
· Part-time working opportunity;
· Private medical insurance;
· Pension plan;
· Life insurance;
· Income protection plan; and
· Paid membership of a professional institution.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Xodus is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture whereby everyone has a strong sense of belonging and can be themselves at work. We believe diversity drives innovation and we continually work to grow our network of people to give us the chance to be the best company that we can. We promote the freedom to work flexibly by empowering people with the autonomy to choose where and when to work and providing them with the technology to be connected to colleagues.
Our Commitment to Wellbeing
We are committed to providing a healthy working environment and we strive to continuously improve the quality of working life of our employees, their families and others who work closely with us. We do this through the integration of wellbeing throughout all business activities, to create a working environment and culture that actively promotes the wellbeing of all our colleagues.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 16 December 2022.